User Profile
My dad is a dementia patience for more than 2 years now as an effect as the oxygen didnt reached his brain when his heart beats stopped for 30 mins as he got heart attacked before. For his condition, he can eat very well and able to communicate eventhough what he usually says involved hallucination and confused statements. What that worries me is last 2 weeks he started to loss his temper and gets angry all the time. We also realised his head's skull is having few shrinking marks that get more obvious these days. What should I do next to cope with his aggresive attitude and to help him gets better? Thanks doctor

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2014
Alzheimer Disease Answer A48036
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

If your father has dementia, then he may be facing problems with memory. If he is having hallucinations then he may be suffering from some psychiatric disorder as well. Anger and aggression may be a part of the problems he faces due to memory loss or due to the psychiatric problem. It is important to show him to a therapist and get a complete neuro-psychiatric assessment. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder that causes dementia. But what causes Alzheimers? What signs can you look for?...
Learn the most common signs and symptoms of the onset of Alzheimer Disease. We also discuss symptoms of dementia so you can know when to seek help. ...
Doctors can help determine the cause of memory loss or symptoms associated with Alzheimers. We outline the diagnostic protocol for AD and exams that are needed....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Alzheimer Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.