User Profile
Hi. I'm Mara. New here.
I had an accident in a night club on 10/19/13. I was taken to the ER that night an had emergency surgery the next morning. I broke my right hip, and the Doctor put 3 pins in there. Speed up to Jan 2, I had a check up appt with x rays, Doctor says that the screws are sticking out of my bone, and that is why Iam in excruciating pain all the time. So the surgeon tells me that we have to surgically remove those lil buggers. My pre op appt is this Thursday 5/1. And my surgery is 5/14. I am so excited to not be in pain anymore ! My questions are... Do I have to have another catheter ? ;(. How long do I need to use the crutches? Is it possible to make it an impatient stay, as opposed to outpatient? Apparently, they need to not only remove three screws but the are going to remove bursa too. Oh and move muscle and tendons around too. I am such a big baby that I don't want to go home right after all that ! Call me crazy. Lol. Has anybody had anything like this? Is it possible to stay in the hospital overnight ? I have insurance. I have looked online for months, but I just can't seem to get any answers. Can anyone help me? Oh ya. One more question. When they put me on the IV pole before surgery, can they give me something to relax me, and something for the pain? I just don't know if it's weird to ask them that question .
Thanks for taking the time.
I welcome your responses!
Mara
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2014
I think you are excited and nervous at the same time. take the doctors advice and take the help of any of your relative.
|

replied August 3rd, 2014
HI mara, did you have your screws taken out? are you up and moving around- what was the protocol? did they keep you non weight bearing and on crutches. how are you now?
|

replied May 7th, 2015
Hi! Mara, please can you update us on your progress, it would really help those of us in a similar situation. Thank you.
Tina
|
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....