Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Hip pain. Arthritis and rheumatoid Arthritis are negative

I have chronic pain in left hip. Blood tests for . x-rays and a Nuclear scan showed nothing abnormal. I can't sleep on my left side at all, and have pain radiating down my left leg at night when lying down. I often sleep in my recliner as this seems to alleviate some of the pain. Anti-Inflamatories and pain killers give some relief but not for the night time. What can I do next?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
This may be a long shot, but have you been tested for HTLV? It can cause the joint pain during sleep that you described.
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
Did you?
|

replied February 26th, 2013
This may be osteoarthritis symptom, osteoarthritis caused it removed breakdown of cartilage and bones. when cartilage is removed the bones rub against each other.
Some of promise in helping treat the arthritis, boswellia, thunder god vine, cherries, water therapy treatment and spoonful of honey
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
I'll jump the gun and suggest that you try Xeljanz (Tofacitinib). It's an approved Arthritis drug that also happens to be effective against HTLV.

Best wishes.
|
Must Read
Rheumatoid arthritis, or RA, affects as many as 2 million Americans. Basic facts on what causes rheumatoid arthritis, and its medical definition here....
Doctors don't know what causes RA, but there are some groups of people who are more at risk than others. Learn more here....
Can you tell the difference between normal joint pain and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis? To know the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, start here....