I had my first case of gout in 1990 in my right foot big toe. It was excruciating pain. My doctor prescribed colchicine, indomicin,and allopurinol. Over the years, I've had recurring bouts in my big toes, wrist, knees, and now my hip area. Last week, I visited my doctor who is also an Osteopath. He's manipulated my back several times over the years as it seems my spine can get misaligned from time to time resulting in a pinched nerve. Well, he straightened me out, but I had this pain near my right hip area which lingered.

Now, after reading the cases here in this forum, I realize it's gout. I've had my suspicions, so after seeing my doctor, I started taking colcrys and indomicin. This morning, my pain has subsided a great deal, so I now know the culprit. I generally try to stay away from certain foods, but I never know which particular food will trigger my gout. It seems as I age, my body metabolism changes and foods that I ate regularly now need to be added to a list that I stay away from. Also, I had been taking allopurinol every day since my gout began in 1990, 100mg. My doctor increased this to 300mg per day. I'm also researching certain foods with chemicals that I may be allergic to. For instance, I started drinking this MIO liquid which you mix with water. After drinking a few glasses of this, I started to experience an onset of gout in my right wrist. So, I stopped using this liquid because I think the chemicals in this drink caused it. I sympathize with everyone with gout, and I recall days when I had to crawl on the floor to get to the restroom.

If you have had similar experiences as I've had with hip gout, perhaps you can tell me your suspicions of what foods or drinks may have caused it? Over the years, I've made drastic changes to my diet which now includes more vegetable salads and fish. I try to eat in moderation, and I've lost some weight.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 3rd, 2013
MIO and GOUT
Yes ,Sir....the reason I am reading your forum right now is because I have been having the worst gout attacks I've ever had lately and it suddenly occured to me that it started around the time I started drinking MIO...I try to drink alot of water , and MIO just made it taste better. No more for me..it is definately the culprit.
|
Did you find this post helpful?