User Profile
I was just diagnosed today and I am out of my mind with worry! I am 37 and have never had an abnormal pap before, or HPV! My test results read : The results of this test indicate the patient's specimen is POSITIVE
for the following high-risk viral types: HPV
16/18/31/33/35/39/45/51/52/56/58/59/68.
Over 100 types of human papillomavirus (HPV) have been described in the
literature. The various types of HPV can be grouped based upon
similarity in DNA sequence.
Does that mean I have all of those strands of the virus?!!!
I am going in for a biopsy on the 23rd. Thank you for listening and God bless.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
The pap was abnormal or did you just test positive for HPV? I test positive for high risk HPV as well. But it comes and goes for some reason. Sometimes its positive and other times its negative. The nurse explained it can be in our body in a dormant state. But HPV may show up on testing when its active due to stress, etc. Why do you need a biopsy? Was your pap abnormal? I had a LEEP Cone Biopsy 10 years ago and now my paps have been normal. But I do test positive sometimes for HPV as I explained. Yes you must have tested positive for all those. I think my list was long as well.
|

replied April 30th, 2012
No, it sounds like it's just telling you you tested positive for one of those specifically out of the hundreds. Try to stay calm and not to worry too much yet. Unless they told you that you have cancer it is most likely not cancerous.

It doesn't sound like the Dr gave you many answers though. Maybe call or go in with a list of questions on the next visit. Or find a doctor that is going to make you feel more at ease.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....