Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Diagnostics & Test Results Forum

High Platelets, High RDW, Low Iron Saturation

User Profile
Blood Panel Results.

In two weeks I have gone through 3 Blood Panels, Ct Scan, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy and have a pelvic Ultrasound scheduled this week. Biopsy from the Endoscopy came back normal. CT Scan shows inflamed stomach. Colonoscopy came back normal.

So where am I losing this amount of blood? I went from an 9 out of 15 to an 8 out of 15 and this last blood panel reported a 5 out of 15...with an ALERT message. What am I missing? What should I do next?

HEMOGLOBIN: 10
URIC ACID: 1.8
CHLORIDE: 110
RDW: 17
PLATELETS: 425
IRON SATURATION: 5% ALERT

I don't understand what is happening or where this stems from. I am 39, healthy, active and very fit. In the last two months I have noticed a weird fatigue, tingly fingers, a constant chill, heavy abdominal cramps, blurry vision, headaches, dizzy spells and sometimes at a loss for words.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you RBC labelled radionucleide scan followed by angiography to sort out the source of bleeding.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2018
Thank you sir. I appreciate the insight.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diagnostics & Test Results , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.