Hi All, This is my first time he and I hope someone can put my mind at rest.

I have suffered from growths in my bladder for 12 years now. I am a 40 year old Male. This has coursed a condition called cyistica cyistitus (not sure if i have spelt it correctly)

This has caused a thickening of the Bladder wall and it closed the opening to the urether to my right Kidney and now it does not work anymore. This happered about 4 years ago.

Recentley I have had all tests under the sun you can imagine, it was found from an IVU that my only working kidney is very enlarged. It was found from an MRI scan that there is a growth on the Urether connected to the bladder and this is planned to be sorted on the 11th April

Last tueasday I had a nephrocapy and a stent inserted due to this obstruction. and because I had a slightly raised Creatinine level (114)

Now down to my question question. I had blood tests done yesterday and my liver function tests have come back very high.

Serum Alkaline Phosphatase - 163
ALT/SGPT serum level - 107
Serum gamma GT level - 220

And here are my U's & E's

Urea - 6.9
Creatinine - 93
Potasium - 4
Sodium- 140

Would anyone know if my kidney problem would be connected to these high results.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 27th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Are you on any medications? I know my liver function is monitored because of the statins I take for high cholesterol. Have you spoken to you Doctor about this? I really can't say if there is a connection or not. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
|

replied March 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with aflsh..I'm not sure if your kidney problems are linked to the liver results. you might have a separate issue going here. I've been dealing with kidney problems for close to 30 years and the only thing that was ever mentioned was about my liver was something picked up on a scan which was unrelated to the kidneys.
Some medications can mess up results. If you are on medications check with your doctor or pharmacist to see if they are adding to the abnormal results.
Another option is posting this question in the liver forum.
Sorry I'm not much help with the liver question. I am very sorry for your kidney problems, I can sympathize with you as others on the site can also.

Best of luck in April...hang in there if you need to vent we are here for you.
Feel free to pm me also.
Please let us know how you are doing...Smile
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Thanks so much for your replies

I have found it quite difficult to find a forum where I can express my feelings.

I am very happily married to Sarah who is very supportive, but sometimes she is finding it hard to cope.

I went to see my renal Consultant Last night (Thursday) and he was not too worried about the liver tests as I have been pumped full of drugs over the past 3 weeks and it has been a very stressful time. He is quite happy how I am getting on at the moment. My blood pressure is good and my Kidney blood tests are OK.

I have another Liver Function test planned for next Wednesday so figures crossed.
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Thanks so much for your replies

I have found it quite difficult to find a forum where I can express my feelings.

I am very happily married to Sarah who is very supportive, but sometimes she is finding it hard to cope.

I went to see my renal Consultant Last night (Thursday) and he was not too worried about the liver tests as I have been pumped full of drugs over the past 3 weeks and it has been a very stressful time. He is quite happy how I am getting on at the moment. My blood pressure is good and my Kidney blood tests are OK.

I have another Liver Function test planned for next Wednesday so figures crossed.
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am so glad you are comfortable here. We are a very supportive group.

I understand how our health issues can become difficult on our loved ones. I know my family wishes there was more they can do for me. They tell me they feel helpless, but just knowing they are there means so much.

Glad to hear your blood pressure and kidney tests are OK.

Keep us posted..Smile
|

replied March 30th, 2008
Glad to hear your tests are good. Fingers crossed for your liver function. I know that my husband supports me 100% but sometimes he does forget. He doesn't get reminders like we do. When we don't feel well, its' hard to explain to our loved ones. Hang in there and keep in touch.
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
Hi All

Just to let you know that I have been to the doctors today and my liver function test results have come back and they are coming back down to normal.
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Great News
Thanks for the update..Smile
|

replied April 3rd, 2008
Good news. I'm glad everything is good right now.
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...