Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

High Dose Amphetamine- Seizure Risks?

User Profile
Hi. I am noticing some jitteriness with ADHD meds I have been taking under my psychiatrists care. I am concerned though about the risk for seizures since I have a family history of epilepsy somewhat. I am needing higher doses of Dextroamphetamine than most people and take upwards of 60-70 mg a day to manage chronic ADHD symptoms.

I am uncertain how much at one time could give me a side effect such as having a seizure or other serious heart issue and I obviously don't want that, but is there a way to assess and check for that other than just hoping those things like seizures and cardiovascular issues won't happen?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Epilepsy
Quick Reply
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...