Hi everyone,
I just had a routine check up at my local clinic just to make sure all is normal- blood tests etc..
When the GP took my BP it was 148/77 (I'm 32, not overwieght and generally healthy I think- Feeling well and have no headaches or any other symptoms- haven't taken any medications for long time) Anyway, He really didn't think much of it, he said there's nothing to be concerened about, but reading around; i48 always seems to be considered high!
Is that indicative of anything? is it normal? Should I go for a second opinion?

Thanks for your advise!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You should have three separate measurements at least one week apart, with elevated blood pressure to make a diagnosis of hypertension.
It is helpful to have home blood pressure monitor to measure all blood pressure variations during the day for a certain period.
This can also, distinguish if the elevated blood pressure was only due to your anxiety when at doctor's office, known as white coat syndrome, or, you indeed have a hypertension.

Having only systolic numbers increased, is known as systolic hypertension.
It is common for hypertension not to produce symptoms till advanced stage.
That's why is called the silent disease.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Supporter
did you take aspirin lately? are you under stress? you can see what happens next time you go to your doctor or if you are really concerned about it you should research holistic herbal remedies for high blood pressure. i have hbp and i take lipitor, i never had any symptoms. i did gain a lot of weight and is depressed a lot.
|
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....