Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I went to join a gym today, they had to do a blood pressure test first. My reading was 240/130
They refused to let me train and sent me straight to the doctor. The doctors read was the same and came down to 220/120 after about half hour. They were a bit concerned but sent me home saying they wern't going to panic and come back in 2 days. I have been told that this is very high and shouldve been taken more seriously.
Ideas??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi Muzzah and welcome to ehealth: They are right...Take this seriously...My best advice is to see an Internal Medicine physician and find out what your blood pressure is and possibly be put on medication to help this problem...This is important...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
Yoga will help you. High BP is a disorder which causes the blood pressure to reach abysmally high levels. Persistent high BP can lead to the development of fatal ailments. The causes for high BP may be genetics, stressful lifestyle, smoking, food habits, etc. The yogic practices for managing high BP are PM 1 series, Palm Tree Pose (Tadasana), Swaying Palm Tree Pose (Tiryaka Tadasana), Waist Rotating Pose (Kati Chakrasana), One-Legged Prayer Pose (Eka Pada Pranamasana), Cooling Breath (Sheetali Pranayama), Psychic Network Purification (Nadi Shodhana Pranayama), and Humming Bee Breath (Bhramari Pranayama)

Rishi,
Yoga Teacher,
Divine Wellness,
Delivering yoga at your home.
|

replied May 16th, 2018
Experienced User
Eating a diet that is rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products and skimps on saturated fat and cholesterol can lower your blood pressure by up to 14 mm Hg.
|