Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

high blood pressure in young healthy female

why would i have high blood pressure when i'm a 15 year old female and old weigh 123 pounds? i generaly eat ok foods. i cant seem to find a reason for this can anyone help???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2009
Community Volunteer
This disease is very hereditary, so if it is in your genes you have a double whammy to start....I am the lucky recipient of my parents three children....and I have passed this on to my youngest son as my gift to him....Honey, it could be worse...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2009
Supporter
i had high blood pressure so does my mom and dad. i now take omega 3 fatty acids and it keeps my blood pressure in normal ranges. the medications i was on gave me horrible side effects and causes liver damages.

i can email you information about how great omega 3 fatty acids are and how they lower blood pressure. you should talk to your parents about this, it is very important to keep your blood pressure at normal ranges.
|

replied November 14th, 2009
This is how i counter by anxiety and bp

i) do not allow your mind to consistently dwell on past /recent incidents. this may draw much blood to your brain and your heart may have to pump stronger.Instead, live and feel each moment with all your senses...i.e while driving, do you smell the distinct aroma in your car, can you feel the tires hitting occasional pebbles on the road, do you notice the pedestrians and other drivers on the road, notice the swaying leaves and branches, notice the birds circling above....

ii)while you are sitting,standing or lying, try noticing that some muscles in your limbs actually remain tensed..it will take a while to notice or come to a realization of it..feel and allow your limbs to relax and always remember to deliberately relax all your muscles..this helps the most to reduce bp.

iii) when you sleeping, try sleeping in the corpse pose...
you'd feel the difference in the morning..try googling for "yoga corpse".

iv) go for brisk walks..the docs are correct on this..and while you are on it...do not work you mind...instead awaken all your senses and embrace the joy of walking and being alive...working your muscles improves blood circulation and faraway cells will soon stop asking for more quota of blood,nutrients or oxygen..

v) be active at your workplace/home or whatever you do...do not delegate if you have the time to work it out yourself.

vii) fruits , milk and vsop did help me a lot too. not related to bp, but avoid processed/gm food , go natural.

viii) notice your breathing pattern..do not breath shallow(most in later years do it only to the level of thorax unconsciously).Make it a habit to inhale deep drawing more oxygen and exhale out more of CO2.. this also helps with metabolism to keep you lean and cells more energy efficient( less of glucose in bloodstream). this may explain why smokers (deliberately inhaling deeply) put on weight upon quitting...

vi) realize the ultimate truth...all problems vanish when you die ...which means, whatever problems you are seeing now are only a projection of your perspective in current circumstances and by shifting your perspective you can face or solve the problems in a much relaxed manner..
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....