User Profile
hi guys, I'm a very active 29 yo male. I went to the docs as I've had a common sickness that lasted linger than usual (9days) and the doc took my bp as 157/92. I also took my resting heart rate as between 44-50 this morning. and I've had ED issues for around 2 years (untreated) which I put down to performance anxiety.

I'm freaking out a bit as i've got 18 days till a repeat doc appointment. my question is are these all linked? and, what are the likely causes?

my heart rate has been that low before as I've played elite level sport, and I'm still playing plus swimming a lot but don't feel my fitness levels are quite that good; i sweat a lot more and my performance times are way worse.

as risk factors, my diet is quite high in salt and not heavy on fruits, and I'm a tyical young weekend drinker (probably binge by medical definition). also, up until around 6 months ago my job was very high stress for 2 years (nauseating).
any thoughts? advice? thanks in advance!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2011
High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Answer A25027
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

First of all you need to understand that you are quite healthy and does not seem to be suffering from something you should be worried of.Blood pressure keeps on fluctuating throughout the day and is usually high during the day time.Usually after some form of activity as sports,exercise it can be expected to be higher.
Now resting heart rate is affected by various factors as age,sex,weight,fitness level,medications etc.Some atheltes even exhibit RHR of 40 but if it is not associated with any symptoms as breathlessness,chest pain,fatigue then it is not a cause of concern.
Regsrding the ED it can be easily overcomed by increasing the foreplay time and be relaxed on bed.Do some form of exerecise daily and reduce salt intake.Have more of fresh fruits and salads in diet.
Consider visiting a Physician for evaluation if symptoms worsen.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.