Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

High Anxiety and Fear of Infection

Things are about to get very detailed because I need the advice. On November 4th and again November 12th I made major mistakes in my life that I can't even explain how they happened other than that I lost control post break up of a long term relationship. On each date I engaged in protected oral and vaginal sex with a sex worker (different girl each time). In both cases they provided the condom (it worries me that I have no idea what brand it was. I've never seen that packaging before.) It was used for both oral and vagina sex in both cases. The only area of my body that was also touched was mild licking in the scrotum area. After I had finished they quickly removed the condom with a paper towel (they both seemed very cautious not to touch anything). They then made sure to give me hand sanitize as they had did for both of us before the sex. Then they sprayed my penis with what they said was alcohol.
After the first incident I developed a rash on the under side of my scrotum and severe itching. It was shaped like three circle touching each other and spread over a fair distance in proportion to the rest of the scrotum. It stopped itching around four days out, I then started using lamisil on it. After the second incident on the 12th I became very stressed which involved panic attacks, vomiting, lack of sleep, no eating, and excessive cigarettes smoking. This went on for three days with me finally feeling better on Friday November 16th. However when I woke up this morning my tongue is all white and the rash that was on my scrotum seems to have spread slightly in two small spot up the scrotum and a little further on the penis.

I'm very nervous. I'm wondering if I could be exhibiting acute hiv infection at 12 days out from my first potential exposure. Is it likely that these symptoms are hiv related or related to other std's. Do I have a lot to worry about in terms of my risk for infection? Should I make sure to get the pcr hiv dna test at ten days post exposure? Should I worry about false positives related to said test at 10 days from most recent exposure?

Did my awful actions put me at serious risk?

I apologize for the long question and know that I should not have taken the action that i did. Please offer any advice that you can and try to find it in yourself to forgive me for my actions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2014
Welcome to e health forum.

It is not recommended to use alcohol containing solutions on the genital or perineal skin, which is very sensitive.

The only way to satisfy ones sexual needs without exposing oneself to STDs including HIV, would be to practice monogamy (Sex with a trusted and single sex partner). But otherwise use of protection is always recommended.

HIV cannot pass through condoms, but condom use does not guarantee protection because of occasional breakage and slippage. Real-life epidemiological studies show that using condoms all of the time, though not necessarily perfectly (i.e., with usual rates of breakage and slippage), reduces the risk of HIV transmission by around 80% compared to not using condoms.

HIV cannot be diagnosed based on symptoms alone. You might have had a common viral or bacterial infection of the oro-pharynx (Oral and throat infection), which is common after sexual encounters with a new / unknown sexual partner.

The only way, you can be 100% sure that you are clear of any infections, would be to get tested for HIV and other STDs.

The lesions on your scrotum can be due to contact dermatitis or a fungal infection. This can only be confirmed by physical examination with a doctor or a dermatologist.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.