I have been suffering with acid reflux from a hiatal hernia for the last two years following a bout of gastroenteritis. I have tried antacids but am allergic to Proton Pump Inhibitors so I stick to the milder drugs like Pepcid, Tums etc. I recently discovered by trial and error that drinking almond milk reduced my symptoms instantaeously. I also take a spoonful of almond butter prior to meals and it has a healing effect. I have not had any burping or burning symptoms since. I have been reading articles on websites like Everydayhealth.com, etc...and getting help.

I don't know why almonds contain such healing properties, but I think it is worth a try to anyone who is suffering. My sympathies are with the others on this post and hope this information helps.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2018
Hello JaneWoods, I am absolutely willing to try your suggestion of Almond Milk. About a year ago I started experiencing terrible reflux. Finally this year I began having tightness and pain in the upper abdominal area. After a barium swallow test (I opted for instead of the endoscopy) I was diagnosed with hiatal hernia. Seems kind of selfish of me to feel depressed about it when the situation could be much worse however, living with this on a daily basis has been difficult. I equate it to a constant gnawing feeling and a pressure like an inflatable innertube around your midsection. Long story short - this hernia is not going away and I want to find natural ways to cope with it. I am more than willing to try the Almond Milk and hoping it will be the natural help that I am looking for. Thank you!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....