Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hiatal Hernia of the diaphgram

Hi

I started having lump in my throat and light pain in esophagus while swallowing liquids (but not food). Althought i wasnt sure about that pain. I was nervous and for sure i had also globus histericus.

I went to gastroscopy.
Results are:

- esophagus clear except linear congestions on bottom (Doc said its not strong enough to call it inflammation of esophagus);
- stomach fine, except hiatal hernia of the diaphgram;
- no heliobacter pylori.
Doctor said this (i mean congestion) is threated with PPI medication only, but i dint ask for specific's, unfortunately.
Since today morning im taking 40 mg omeprazoulm.
I still feel little lump in throat and little pain while swallowing liquids (maybe its after - gastroscopy effect?).

So i want ask here:
1. how long treatment lasts and does mocus membrane of esophagus goes back to full health after ending the treatment?

2. Should I use any diet? Am i able to drink beer lets say 2 times a week (Its Euro 2016 so i had planned meetings with friends when our team plays...).

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....