Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Introduce Yourself Forum

Hey guys...I am new, and wanted to see if I would be accepted.

hi guys,

Not sure what to do. I made a public discovery that I think is important, but am not sure who to tell or what to do. Apparently, I have been doing something wrong these last few years, and am willing to do what it takes to make up for past wrongs, and get this information to the right people.

I have epilepsy, and honestly love my illness. I survived one hell of a ride, and it gave me a unique perspective on life, and I can't be thankful enough. The problem is that I made this discovery regarding Santa Economics, but because of the stigma of my illness, and the fact I have a hard time connecting with people, it has made it almost impossible to get started. I really had the best intentions, and never cared about money. But when I realized how much money was available to the charities, of course I cared. This thing was not meant for a guy like me. Sure, I will keep trying, but I can't do this myself. I stopped caring about Santa in a way that I hate, and just want to get on with my life.

I know this was a horrible introduction, but I just wanted to be honest. I don't know what to do, and that has turned me into a basketcase...At what point should I listen to people and just give up?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2011
Supporter
Hi zdgdreg123. Welcome to ehealth forum.
I have never heard of Santa Economics so I can't give an opinion about its merits. But I can say this: if your dream is positive, affordable, enhances your life and the lives of others, and you have healthy boundaries which prevent it from becoming an obsession- go for it! Don't let naysayers sway you.
If your concept has no copywrite or patent issues, you might want to consider posting a YouTube video. You never know- it could go viral and spread the news all over the world. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck.
Once again, welcome to ehealth forum.
|

replied March 18th, 2011
Thanks Deteragram for the reply...The idea of Santa Economics is that the image of Santa is being used incorrectly, and if used properly, could generate billions of dollars for charities globally...I have worked on the numbers these last six years, and realize this is way out of my league. My problem is that I don't know who to tell.

Its kind of tough making this discovery, and I think that has made my health a lot worse. I am at the point where I no longer care about this campaign on a personal level, and just want it started, mostly for my sanity.

I also dont' think I am good on sites like these...I have a tough time connecting with people in general, and am not sure how I come across. I don't want to seem like I am selling anything. I just made a public discovery, and it being in my hands is not doing anything for anybody.

I am a guy that cares, having dealt with seizrues all of my life. I used to read posts every night from people, and it used to make me cry. I am posting on a site like this to see if anyone is either interested in Santa Economics, or has a good idea of how a guy who is really sick, has a tought time dealing with the concept of money, but has the knowledge to do a really good thing can get this info to some good people.

To anyone, I hope I did not come across as being cold or rude in anyway. I was kind of saved by a site like this, and don't want to represent myself in an unhonest way. I know about struggles, and know how important supports sites can be. I just wish I was at the point where I did not have to post Santa Economics on a site like this, but I am kind of desperate and don't know what to really do.

I hope this post did not offend anyone, and I will only post of someone responds.

I do wish everyone a healthy and happy life...I really do.
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2011
Supporter
Hello again, zdgdreg123. I don't know much about launching a new concept/ invention so I don't know what more to tell you. You could try doing a search with the terms: invention, patent, proprietary information, copyright, intellectual property rights. (Just beware of scammers who demand large sums of money up front.)
Good luck with your project.
|

replied March 21st, 2011
deteragram wrote:
Hello again, zdgdreg123. I don't know much about launching a new concept/ invention so I don't know what more to tell you. You could try doing a search with the terms: invention, patent, proprietary information, copyright, intellectual property rights. (Just beware of scammers who demand large sums of money up front.)
Good luck with your project.

Thank you for the kind words Deteragram. Yes, scams have been a thing I fear, and am doing my best not to represent myself as one ( its not about the money, just about doing this thing...However, I want to make sure my self interests are protected)

Its weird though...I have been treated so harshly, its really scary. Instead of hoping to enjoy this Santa campaign, it has become a type of burden, and there is really no right way to do this thing...I am sick and want to get healthy. I would rather not have this responsibility right now, but I am afraid I know too much. I am too flawed and sick to represent myself as Santa, but am not sure how else to do this. Anyway...Thanks
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2011
Supporter
You're welcome.
|