So about 6 days ago I made the biggest mistake of my life and had unprotected oral sex and then after the condom broke unprotected vaginal sex for about 3-5 min or so (don't know if that matters) then I stopped. I don't know this girl but asked if she was clean or should I be worried about stds and she said she was clean but do not trust her. On Tuesday morning about 36 hrs after sex I felt some burning on my scrotum. The burning is not terrible but since its all I think about I feel it more. The sensation has been going on ever since it switches sides from my left side to right. I have no pain urinating nor see any sores or blisters. Yesterday, it felt like my left groin lymph node was swollen but it doesn't feel like that today. And then today I feel a mild headache a little tired dont think I have a fever but kinda punky. I have been checking my penis every hour all day too see sores and have been reading EVERYTHING online all day since the encounter. I am so scared and convinced that I have herpes its the only thing I think about. I am going to get tested tomorrow but with no lesions I don't know what good/comfort it will do. My question is does this sound like herpes or another std. Any comments would be greatly appreciated and I know it's hard to say if it is or not from just a post.
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2013
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the symptoms that you describe without examining you, however, if the symptoms have started after your sexual contact, then chances of STD’s or infective causes cannot be ruled out completely. Consider visiting your doctor/urologist at the earliest for thorough evaluation and assistance. Get started on treatment as appropriate based on examination findings and evaluation results. Look out for development of any other new symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/urologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.