User Profile
I had protected sex, only one did he rub his uncovered penis on my vagina. I tested positive for trichomoniasis and got it cleared. Last week I started having neuropathy in my legs and feet. A 2days ago I developed burning sensation In my thighs, knee joint aches a few times a day, and yesterday horrible hip pains. Burning around my buttocks and pelvic. Could this be herpes or another neurological condition. I have had no sores or lesions.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2018
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A64449
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment upon the exact cause for the symptoms that you describe without examining you to rule out any infectious cause. If however the neurological symptoms are persistent or getting, possibility of neuropathy cannot be ruled out. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/healthcare provider at the earliest for thorough examination and evaluation to look for the underlying cause for your symptoms and get started on treatment as appropriate based on your examination findings and evaluation results. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.