Hi everyone.

For the last 2-3 months i've experienced stomach, chest, arm, leg and back pains. I discovered a lump in my groin, on the right side, next to the penis. By carefully examining it i discovered that it's not a lump by itself, rather it feels like it's something protruding from the bottom part of the abdomen. Before noticing that i thought it was a swollen lymph node and for two months i was afraid it might be hiv or other STD. I was scared like never before in my life, and the more i read about std's the more symptoms i got. So i got tested and results were negative, and most of the pains stopped (i usually react to stressful situations with abdomen pain, so i guess atleast half of the pains were fear related). Right now i have groin pain and pain in my right leg. It gets worse when walking. I had a redness on upper inner parts of my legs for a day or two. For the most part the groin pain was on the right side, but now i feel slight pain on the left side also. And i have ocassional pains in my arms, legs, fingers and ankles. Also, i have strong back pain that radiates from middle to bottom part, but it's on and off. I get a slight temperature here and there, but it's only borderlining between normal and high temperature, nothing extreme. The pain in groin is kinda hard to describe, it's sharp but not too strong (if that makes any sense) and the closest thing i could compare it with is the pulled muscle pain. Also, most of the time it doesn't hurt when i cough, but for a day or two it did, a lot. Does this sound like a hernia or something else? I do have a family history of kidney stones, just for the record.

p.s. english is not my first language, so i apologize if i sound a little strange. however, all the medical terms i used are correct, i'm sure of that.

Thanx!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi and welcome to ehealth

I'm not sure if it's a hernia. You mentioned kidney stones...
Do you have pain when you urinate? Any blood in the urine?
Have you seen your doctor for this?
As for the arms, legs, etc... I would recommend seeing your doctor to get blood, urine and possibly and ultrasound to see what is going on.

I'm sorry this isn't much help.
Please let us know how you are doing.
|

replied April 13th, 2008
I never felt any pain during urination. However, urine test i did a couple of weeks ago did show traces of blood. Blood test was fine, all results were withing range, but it wasn't full blood work though. I am going to the doctors in a couple of days, i was just wandering what could i expect this to be. I'm kinda paranoid and always think the worst Sad Right now i'm thinking it's some advanced stage of cancer and i could have my legs cut off for starters Sad

So i'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me what this could be, atleast in the ballpark. I'm pretty sure it's something serious, just hope it's not fatal Sad What bugs me the most is all these symptoms combined with the lump, if there was no lump, i'd feel much easier.

thanx for the welcome though Smile
|

replied April 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome, we are here to help in whatever we can.

I wish I had an answer for you other than what I posted.
I am glad you are going to the doctor.
Please keep us posted...I'm sending you good wishes..try to stay positive...Smile
|

replied April 22nd, 2008
So, i had an appointment with urologist and he did the ultrasound and everything and says there's nothing there, at least nothing tumor or hernia like. according to him, the lump is probably something connected with muscles, since the lump itself is not always the same size, sometimes i can hardly feel it. it's not std, hernia or anything connected with the whole urogenital system, and yet i feel pain all the time, mostly it's not strong pain, but when i walk for a longer time, groin and back area hurts like hell, and the lump gets bigger.

now i'm really getting freaked it's gonna be one of those diseases like lupus or something, where you have unexplained pains for years and then they find out it's something awfull and tell you you have like three months more to live.

the worst part is now i don't even have an idea what this could be related to anymore, and yet it could be related to almost any disease Sad
|

replied April 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
sorry to hear you didn't get an answer from the doctor.
Sometimes it takes going to another doctor even if means seeing a few doctors to get an answer.
It sounds like a hernia the symptoms you described in this last post. Have you seen a gastro doctor? Hernias are part of the intestines being pushed through the abdominal wall, a gastro doctor might be able give you some answers.
Do you have problems with bowel movements? I know it's not a great topic but people with hernias can have problems with that.

Keep fighting for answer..you know your body and pain is a signal something is not right.
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
Nope, no problems. Ok, here and there the stool is a little bit looser than usual, but still quite normal, i'ts not watery at all, nor did i once in these 3 months have a diarrhea. No problems with urinating also. For the last couple of days i hardly felt any pain in groin area normally, but i do feel it when walking for a long time, combined with heavy back pain.
|