Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hernia repair on the stomach

I had done a stomach hernia repair surgery 1 week ago with mesh, and it's all good, I eat same way as before, normal bowel movements, a lot of walking even played soccer 2 days ago with my son. I am not feeling any pain today nor taken any pain killers. I think the success for a hernia surgery is getting the right surgeon, taking your antibiotic, and the right medication, try not to stay too much in bed, have a positive approach, walk alot but don't lift anything heavy but try act as normal as possible. Will be seeing My Doc 2 days time for his assessment.7w75j
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 21st, 2013
Been to the surgeon today,seeing him for the first time after my surgey he removed some fluid from where my hernia was with a syringe, and my stomach is flat gain with no pain, no infection and no swelling.
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2013
Hi, I have crohn's and had an ileocecectomy Dec 2012. A few months later I formed a ventral hernia in my umbilicus. I recently had a open hernia repair using mesh. I am experiencing some discomfort- tightness, pressure, and burning that occurs when I change positions, bend, kneel, stretch, etc. I can feel the mesh and it is uncomfortable. There is still moderate amount of swelling in the abdomen, but I am sure that will subside over time. I am 2 weeks post op. I would like to know if these symptoms will pass over time.
|

replied July 28th, 2013
you will do fine, I am 6 weeks, 4 days now.
|
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....