User Profile
in 2011 I had a toupet fundoplication and hernia fix gone wrong cause I had horrific results so in 2012 I had wrap undone and another hernia fix and went onto living more normally being a single mom and even travelled and had much fun still on Ensure and puddings but on a limited diet too and most importantly living again; well true to form with hiatal hernias, I now have a recurrent one, my 3rd in 2 yrs. and I'm just can't find the right doctor or surgeon for me; I have intolerable nausea, queasy, gag, choke, cough, hoarse, very irregular, my tummy moves all over and i'm homebound again too sick to function and meds. aren't helping; i'm in Syracuse, ny; any advice or direction is greatly appreciated; do I need a stomach removal or try a Nissan by someone skilled whoever that is or just fix the hernias yearly; what is my solution?; i'm that 1% of the population where u would never think certain things go wrong but do; got c diff after undo and colitis after bad food but they went away

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2014
Hernia Answer A46685
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the recurrent hiatal hernia.

Nissan fundoplication should go away with the right treatment which is by medicines or surgical approach (Nissan fundoplication). However if a mesh is used for a large hernia then it should not come back. You can talk to your surgeon regarding this option.

Other than that try lifestyle measures like try raising the head end of your bed by at least two blocks and take your meals 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also avoid taking two or three heavy meals. Instead, take regular frequent small meals. Avoid taking tea or coffee prior to bedtime and concentrate more on a healthy diet.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.