At the age of 13 to the age of 16 I had a lump inside my left scrotum. If I squeezed it quickly it would hurt. But if I squeezed it slowly and carefully, I could feel the liquid substance (whatever was in it) circulating out into my abdominal area. If I squeezed it while pressing on the top of the lump it would inflate and become very painful. If I squeezed it while lying down on a horizontal position it would disappear, but just as would stand up it would have all the substance inside it drain back down which would inflate the lump again. I used to squeeze the lump quite often to make it disappear because I was annoyed of it.

When I was about 16, it disappeared. After squeezing it a lot for a few days it disappeared. Then a few days later it reappeared, so I squeezed it more to let the fluid substance inside it drain upwards. Then one day it just disappeared. Ever since the lump disappeared I have had pain in my upper left colon, burning pain inside my stomach and constipation. Is this all a coincendence???

I am now 19 and half and I have never had this lump return, but I still feel the discomforts and sometimes even painful sensations that I used to feel when I had my hernia. The only exception is that the lump is not there to prove I have (or have had) a hernia. I have visited many doctors, even physicians. None of them could help me - some simply said the discomforts "might" be an inflamation. Some say that it was probably a muscle problem. Others said I have nothing at all. I have done an ultra-sound around my abdominal area and the results were that there was nothing bad present. I have told all these doctors about the lump and they almost seem like they don't even believe me. I have wasted more than $2000 on appointments and treatments and I'm tired of this whole problem. I would like to know exactly what's going on inside my abdominal area - even if that means colonoscopy or having to do surgery and cut me open. It sounds rediculous, but pretty much I need someone to know what my guts "look like" once and for all.

I regret not seeing a doctor during the time the lump was actually there. The reason why I never talked about it to anyone was because I was embarrassed and my parents were very emotionally detached from me. I had been through stressfull times in my childhood - I had many conflicts with my parents and as aresult I did not "like" them much. So I never told them.

I am completely desperate, is there anyone who can help me, please? I would appreciate it very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2010
Your original problem sounds like a hydrocele, or fluid collection, of the scrotum, or a possible inguinal hernia (hydroceles may go away by themselves, but hernias will not resolve without surgery).

As for your "colon pain," there are many potential causes of lower abdominal pain (including inguinal hernias). If an ultrasound of your scrotum and lower abdomen is completely normal, then it may be appropriate to consider colonoscopy or/and CT scan.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.