Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemorrhoids its been more than a year and it is still there

User Profile
Hi,
I have been dealing with a small lump around my anus. It has been a year and when i first got it, i looked for it online and the articles that i read all said that the lump will heal by itself. It already been a year and im more of tired of it. Its not painful, but sometimes it does itches, when defecating, sometimes i will find blood on the poo, but all this happens really seldom. The lump does not bother much, but its been more than a year and it is still there. Sometimes the lump will shrink but sometimes it will grow back, and i really do not know what to do. I am definitely going to see a doctor about it, but i will like to know ideas or anything about what i am dealing with... Thanks!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2016
Hemorrhoids Answer A56074
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. The lump around anus, some times shrinking some times not, itching some times indicates likely a haemorrhoid or a prolapse. Both needs surgical correction and diet and lifestyle modifications and treatment of constipation. Talk to yoru doctor and let them examine the lump an dnarrow the differentials.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.