Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemorrhoids hoping to get some advice...

User Profile
I have a small lump on my anus which is extremely sore. I was hoping to get some advice of a diagnosis and treatment required to get rid if it. I have recently had anal sex. It's almost like a swollen blood vein that has popped out. Thankyou.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2013
Hemorrhoids Answer A45506
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Yes, if you had anal sex then you could have torn your anal mucosa or an abscess could have developed or a hemorrhoid could have prolapsed or you could have developed a genital wart. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your gynecologist/surgeon regarding this. Meanwhile you can apply a local antibiotic cream and keep the area clean. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.