I posted this on November 15th 2010 after almost 18 hours of what I thought was a bad migraine.

Severe scary headache
I had pain start this morning, it started quickly and grew to the worse pain of my life. Left temple to the back of my head. After 18 hours its still there, nothing makes it stop. I can not stand this pain and severe confusion. I feel as if I cant tell reality from a dream.

The night of the 15th I went to the ER after I started throwing up it was discovered that I had a 3 cm by 1 cm bleed on my left side near the Hippocampus. I was admitted and luckily the only damage I have found is that most everything that happens to me is turned into a dreamlike playback. I know the difference between reality and these playbacks but they are still kind of scary.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi rootvet...What a wise decision you made in going to the ER...Your words will echo in my mind for a lifetime...It is truly only listening to another person speak of this happening that you can equate it with something that could take place...Being older, I try to keep up to date on life, but your words are worth their weight in gold...Thank you so much for sharing them...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 1st, 2011
I waited way to long, The pain started on Sunday the 14th at 930 am and I went to the hospital about 36 hours later. I was lucky and I hope anyone no matter what age, I am 51, will seek medical attention when they are hit with the worst headache of their lives or at anytime you just dont feel right.
|

replied March 1st, 2012
My husband had the start of a hemorrhagic stroke 8 days ago. He was in icu for 4 days. He's now in the hospital. The headaches were screaming. He has a bleed on the left side of his head in the parietal part of his brain. He has receptive and expressive aphasia, according to the speech therapist. The bleed is the size of an egg. He's almost 73. My question: he goes to in-patient rehab for 2 weeks. Anyone have experience similar to this? If so, what was the outcome? He also has problems with his peripheral vision. Also, can this type stroke happen again? Thanks.
|
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....