Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

47, hemorrhagic cyst with sever pain and clots.

User Profile
Today I was told by My GI Doc That the MRI They had done on my Gallbladder showed that All is Well with my GI Tract. However it showed a hemorrhagic cyst in my kidney. I don't have specifics at this time. I was also told that the sever RUQ pain along with nausea and vomiting that comes on sporadically and is getting worse with every episode and lasting longer could be from the cyst. Since 2014 I have had about 5 severe UTI's with blood clots...I don't mean no pea sized clot either...I mean like palm size. They hurt so bad I couldn't walk sometimes. It was like I felt all this relief after I passed one then the pressure would start again and build until I couldn't take it any more then I'd start the process again. My family doctor said not to worry it's normal and sent me home with antibiotics. Since early 2014 I have had more UTIs than I have ever had in my life, I'm 47, all with sever pain and clots. Is it possible that all of this is linked and is actually coming from my kidney?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2016
Kidney Conditions Answer A58472
It is not possible to give you a confirmed opinion , just based on the limited history provided here.

Kidney cysts are very common as a abberation of normal growth, and senile individuals (above age 60) usually may have renal cysts, but with normal renal functions and no specific treatment is recommended in asymptomatic cases.

But in some cases where the cysts grow larger or develop into complex cysts or develop complications like rupture, bleeding or neoplastic changes, intervention may be necessary.

Whether your symptoms are actually due to the cysts or due to independent renal conditions like infections, renal stones, urinary flow blockage needs to be assessed with a complete medical history, clinical findings, lab tests and radiological imaging studies (like MRI, which has already been done in your case).

It would be pertinent that you consult with a urologist which all details and he may be able to provide a proper medical opinion and advice.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.