Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

hemodialyse to help damaged kidney ?

Hi, My fiance has high blood pressure and she just had one of her kidneys removed 15 days ago(aug13). Her doctor rightaway said the other kidney hasn't recovered (Due to the damage that the other kidney has done,it only works at the rate 13% ) so she has to do hemodialyse for 6 months or so, to help the remaining kidney recover...you can imagine we have been trough hell reading all about hemodialyse, kidney transplant etc. so is there any hope on hemodialyse to help the damaged kidney ? the Doctor said there is no need to look for a transplant yet but somehow i think hes Too Optimistic...that makes me scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 26th, 2010
Re: hemodialyse to help damaged kidney ?
Kash597 wrote:
Hi, My fiance has high blood pressure and she just had one of her kidneys removed 15 days ago(aug13). Her doctor rightaway said the other kidney hasn't recovered (Due to the damage that the other kidney has done,it only works at the rate 13% ) so she has to do hemodialyse for 6 months or so, to help the remaining kidney recover...you can imagine we have been trough hell reading all about hemodialyse, kidney transplant etc. so is there any hope on hemodialyse to help the damaged kidney ? the Doctor said there is no need to look for a transplant yet but somehow i think hes Too Optimistic...that makes me scared.

To Correct myself she has Low blood pressure around 9/6 and the doctor told us she got this disease because she had got a bad flu a couple of years ago and the virus has done severe damage to the kidney....
|

replied September 12th, 2010
I WORK WITH PATIENTS ON HEMODIALYSIS AND IT SUCKS ARE THEY GOING TO PLACE A FISTULA BECAUSE IF IM RIGHT SHE HAS A CATHETER AT THE MOMENT? DAM YALL HAVE GONE THROUGH SO MUCH. IM SORRY BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND 9/6 IS HER BLOOD PRESSURE ARE YOU SURE?
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...