Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

Hematocele resembling testicular cancer lasts many years?

User Profile
Does trauma to the testicles leading to hernia, and surgical removal, always leave behind a hematocele lump (blood cyst) resembling testicular cancer that lasts many years? I was kicked in the right testicle 15 years ago, and it caused a hernia, and i had it surgically removed. I never examined my testicles, but a year ago as i was touching them i noticed this hard pea sized lump attached to the testicle in the same area as i was kicked and had surgery at. Online i read about people who had trauma to their testicles many years ago but still had the same hematocele that orginally formed after they 1st recieved the trauma, and surgery. I'd like to know if this is always the case after receiving trauma to that area and going under the knife?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2013
Testicular Cancer Answer A43205
Welcome to e health forum.

There are 2 aspects in this case.

1. If there was only a hernia, and that was surgically treated, then there should be no reason for a hematoma to form.

2. In case there was Herniation along with formation of a hematoma, Usually during surgery the hematoma is completely drained and it is followed with herniorrhapy. But post surgery, it is possible that a minimal quantity of blood may collect within the sac, forming a small encapsulated cyst, which can later calcify. This could be the nodule you may be feeling.

But in addition to the above situations, what you may actually be feeling could be normal structures within the scrotum, that are associated with the testes. Other conditions including a spermatocele, epidydymal cyst, varicocele, etc can also be confusing to make a proper diagnosis.

The best way ahead, would be to consult with your doctor for a physical examination which will help to decide the need for additional investigations including a ultrasound of the scrotum. This should be helpful to clear all your doubts.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.