Right now my husband is in jail. He recently started using meth to calm his voices. In the last 2 months he has changed so much. I think he may be bi-polar or some mental issue. He is in jail because he laid into the street to end his life. Of course there is way more to this story.

Sadly I have been blaming his for this and have been blaming drugs. But its not the drugs Daniel really needs some help. SO How do I get him the help he needs while hes in jail. Right now is the perfect time because he is sober and 100% Daniel.

I don’t know what to do. All I know is that when he gets out our life cannot be like it was. My attitude has changed so I’m more willing to understand than blame. But he needs some kind of stability. It’s a constant roller coaster with him. Either he’s so high he cant control himself or he’s so low that he’s a vegetable.

How can I help him? Please Im desperate. Now that I understand what I have been doing has only hurt him I want to know what to do to help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2009
It took my husband to go to jail for me to get him help he was in a full manic episode and got put in jail (he was tring to stay sober but he was not completely sober) he was haveing alot of phycosis and they could see he was not right mentaly regaurdless of the drugs so what I did was call the jails medical dept. every day and told them what was happening and why and that I could not get him mental help with out approval from him or a Dr.
So the nurse that I would talk to told me not to pay his bail and try to leave him there long enough for him to see the jail doctor and so we did and the doctor got to see him finally and he was still not himself and got him set up at a mental hospital.It was hard but hes on medicine now and is tring to stay sober without being sober he will land up right back where he was Staying sober is harder than dealing with the Bipolar 1 treatment GOOD LUCK
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
thanks. Daniel was able to see the doctor. He had the initial eval and is waiting to see what they say to him. The courts have decided to keep him there until 4/14/09. He goes up for sentencing then. BUt Im releaved that he was able to ask for help. I really didnt want to be the one to cram it down his throat you know?
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
if you dont have anything nice to say then you shouldnt say it at all.

you shouldnt post unless your tryin to help.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...