User Profile
Hi fellow fat loss buffs.

My goal is to give you all kinds of tips on how to shed the fat pounds and keep it off the healthy way.

I am not a doctor, just someone who has read over 1,500 articles and books on fat-loss, health & nutrition. I have personally lowered my cholesterol from 238 to 174 in 3 months with a side effect of dropping 24 pounds.

Thanks for having me here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Supporter
Ok. What would be the best way to lose just 10 lbs.?? I have been doing yoga twice a week and cutting down on my portions. I'm also eating healthier but it's taking a long time to lose the weight. What can you suggest?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Experienced User
Hey wendyrs, the best way to loose weight is through an alkalizing diet, it's not a diet but a life style change & it is not hard, i lost 22pound with this & didn't have to reduce the portions in fact i probably ate more. Also hydration is critically important & the correct minerals etc in our systems. To learn about this go to ithyroid.com & you can study this, it will help you to make the right choices for your health.
If i can help you with this i will.
Hope this is of use for you!
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Supporter
I'll check it out. Thanks!
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Supporter
timeisshort,

I checked out the site you suggested but it is for people with thyroid problems which I don't have. Thanks anyway.
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Experienced User
yes it is, but go deeper & it will teach you how to manage nutrition & balance minerals, get this out of balance & you could create a thyroid condition or worse.
take it from me i have been down this road.
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
Yoga twice a week is good, but I would include some heart ponding cardio a couple times a week for 20 minutes a pop. Make sure you eat healthy and don't ever go hungry, eat a healthy snack between healthy meals. Hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2009
Sex Education
Hey wendyrs, the best way to loose weight is through an alkalizing diet, it's not a diet but a life style change & it is not hard, i lost 22pound with this & didn't have to reduce the portions in fact i probably ate more.jogging everymorning, and eat less first food..
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2009
Experienced User
Diet's don't work as you eventually have to come off of them. The way to maintain your weight is more output less input. So If you enjoy eating ... exercise more. Stay away from fatty foods but don't avoid them completly as then you will begin to crave them. In order to loose weight you have to do more than just yoga twice a week. This is healthy but all it will do is maintain your weight and possible tone up. To actually loose weight you need to watch what you eat. Before eating anything ask yourself if you truely need it. Instead of having two scoops of ice cream have one. Instead of having topping try honey. Instead of ice cream make it frozen yoghurt. There is a healthier substitue for whatever you feel like eating. Also getting some sort of exercise for 30mins a day 4+ times a week. Even if it's just walking around the block after work. Loosing weight is simple .. but not easy. It's simple because it's obvious ... you eat un healthy and often you get fat. You sit around all day .. you get fat. Weight loss is a hard road and self control is a much needed aspect.
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2009
Experienced User
keep walking as much as u can till you sweat!

Fasting just like Muslims do.
Yoga (search in net)
Diet contol by avoiding/reducing excess calorie foods
More protein foods than carbohydrate food
Use food with fiber content(digesting)
avoid junk food/fast food asmuch as u can....

Take some honey with lime juice in luke warm water early in the morning as the first drink, daily.

these are easy ways other than Ayurveda.
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....