Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Celiac Disease Forum

Help understanding celiac genetic test

My little boy is 3 years old and has a severe intolerance to soy, eggs, and gluten. I don't know if its causing him pain but it affects his behavior, making him violent and aggressive, up to 6 hours of tantrums every day. We removed these things from his diet and he no longer has symptoms. His dr tested him for celiac and it was negative. However, I saw a nutritionist, who is also a dr, and he suggested the celiac genotype test. The results were that my son has the 2 main genes that cause gluten intolerance and celiac. HLA-DQB1*0201 and DQB1*0302. I am unable to have a follow up appt with my dr for 2 months. So my question is..if my son has these particular genes and he shows signs of having severe gluten intolerance, does he in fact have celiac even though the blood test was negative? Or is it just inevitable that he will develop it and test positive at some point in the future? Either way, the result is the same...no gluten. But obviously I want to understand if I am dealing with Celiac.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2014
Not sure if this will help but a friend of mine said her child was acting out and she was affected by red food coloring in food when she would consume it she was throw tantrums. Try checking labels for red dye.
|

replied April 14th, 2014
Yes, we removed artificial colors, sweeteners, preservatives, and high fructose corn syrup several months ago. All bad.
|
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....