Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Help put my mind at ease.....hemorrhoid questions!!

Hi. I am a 28 year old female who has a fairly sedentary lifestyle (working 2 online jobs) and am overweight by approximately 25-30 pounds). Over the past 3 months or so, I have had a little blood occurring with my BM's for maybe 4-5 times total (and the last time it happened was over 3 weeks ago). I also have soft stools the majority of the time (not diarrhea, just not well formed) and a few months ago I was having extreme BM urgency (which seems to have went away once I stopped drinking caffeine).

About a week and a half ago I felt swelling in the anal region and after a few days I got enough courage to look and saw 2-3 small pink bumps. I have been treating with tucks wipes, hemorrhoid spray and ointment, salt baths and eating more fiber. I don't have any pain associated with them and just the occasional itching and burning. Some days they feel gone and other times not. I also feel (haven't looked) what appears to be a small rash of some sort on one side of my inner right buttocks. I thought maybe it was due to over use of the hemorrhoid spray but I don't know.

It doesn't really hurt to have a BM and honestly I feel fine other than the swelling/bumps and a little pressure in the rectum. I am a hypochondriac and and googled way too much and realized that anal cancer and hemorrhoids present in a lot of the same ways. Is there anyway you can put my mind to ease a little bit? How long until these bumps/possible hemorrhoids go away??? Help!! Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2014
I went to my obgyn (who is also a good friend) and mentioned this to her a couple days ago. She didn't examine me since I plan to go in again in about 2 weeks to get a full checkup (we are wanting to try for baby #4) and she said she'd take a look then if I was still have trouble.
|

replied August 2nd, 2014
Anyone?
|

replied August 5th, 2014
Hi there!
I know how you feel. I think it's hemorrhoids. the symptoms are typical for it, even if you feel fine and are not experiencing pain at the moment. Unfortunately only a doctor can give you peace of mind.I suffered from hemorrhoids for quite a while due to an office job combined with a rather unhealthy lifestyle. At the beginning I tried to get rid of them alone. I really didn't want to see a doctor but whatever I tried it didn't get better. Only when they really started to hurt I went to a proctologist and found out they were stage 3 already. So he suggested immediately ligating them and I went for the THD method to get rid of them. The procedure was done ambulant and after a week I was back to normal. Looking back I can't believe I waited so long before doing something about them! So stop thinking so much, go to a doctor and you are going to be just fine! Good luck!
|