Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

Help my Girlfriend has Maniac Depression and our relationship is

I Love the woman that I am with and the advice that I have received from my friends have done more harm then good, because I dont know anyone that has any real experience with relasionships and md. I am wanting to learn as much as I can, so that I might help her, even if its not really helping her, but making me easier to handle at times. Like what sings to look for, how to react to a situation, how not to react to a situation, what to say, what not to say but most of all, how to be there for them, to the best of my abilities.

I am not and will not give up on her or on us and the only way to truly do that, is to prepare for the battles that will come our way. Thank you for your time and I would greatly appreciate any all information or advice that anyone could and would be willing too share. Have a Grest Day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You can help her by persuading her to take medications on time and regularly because main problem with these patients is compliance with drugs.
Keep her engage in entertainment activities.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.