Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Help!! Missed period but negative pregnancy tests

Please help, I am now more than two weeks late for my period! My cycle is normally very regular so I took a pregnancy test after being a few days late and it came up negative, I also had very light spotting for two days at that point...... I waited another week and took another pregnancy test and it is still negative, I also had very light spotting AGAIN!! I have had cramps, backaches, bloating, been pretty moody but I'm not sure if that is related or just because I'm wound so tight with whats going on with my body. If it helps at all I just had my first baby 6 months ago so I'm not sure if it's just because my body is still recovering from that or what????? Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2011
somebody............ can anyone help me here? still no period! im more than 3 weeks late now! ive been spotting a tiny bit every couple days
|

replied October 11th, 2011
you will probably have to go to the doctor and get a blood test and they can tell you for sure.
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2011
You are still so early in the possible pregnancy process though that even a blood test may not help. I've been reading online that it's pretty common for a pregnancy test not to be able to pick up the HCG hormones in your urine until 5+ weeks pregnant, some women up to 2 months. I'm in the same boat - haven't had a kid recently, but missed my period and it's almost a month late now. I understand what you're feeling with the bloating and crap. Let me know if you decide to get a blood test done and what the results were, if you don't mind. Think it'll help me calm down about my own situation whichever way it turns out. It's the not knowing that's so difficult, right? Good luck with all this!
|

replied November 7th, 2011
Hey thanks for replying to my post. I still have not had a period( ive missed two now). I have done a total of 7 NEGATIVE prego test but i have an appointment on the 14th for an exam and a blood test. hopefully everything will turn out okay. Im still very bloated, my step mom even asked if i was pregnant again. Sad anyways ill let you know what happens, i also have a doc appointment on the 28th to have my thyriod checked becuz i havr heard that thyriod probs can havr the same symptoms as pregnancy. If not pregnancy or thriod problem it could be ovian cancer or pcos. Well ill keep you posted.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...