hi
can u help me with this
i have a friend, and i think he's depressed, he has panic attacks and even insomnia.
i would like to help me but i dont know what to do.
in his family there has been a uncle who killed himself.
and i'm scared to be with him now, because i dont want my life ruined.
what should i do ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry this is late
All you realy can do is be there for your friend and try to convince him to seek. Ask your friend to talk to the parents and try and open up to them.
|

replied July 19th, 2010
What You Need to know About Depression Medication

If you're suffering from major depression, antidepressant medication may relieve some of your symptoms. Antidepressants aren't a silver bullet for depression, and they come with their own side effects and dangers. Plus, recent studies have raised questions about their effectiveness.

Learning the facts about antidepressants and weighing the benefits against the risks can help you make an informed and personal decision about whether medication is right for you.

This information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. If you are taking an antidepressant, do not change your dosage without consulting your physician!

by Ihsan Shanti
|

replied July 19th, 2010
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
Re: help for depression
This situation needs plenty of care in terms of good diet and good sleep. Proper attention and care is also very important until normal stage recovery.

vanilla23 wrote:
hi
can u help me with this
i have a friend, and i think he's depressed, he has panic attacks and even insomnia.
i would like to help me but i dont know what to do.
in his family there has been a uncle who killed himself.
and i'm scared to be with him now, because i dont want my life ruined.
what should i do ?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....