Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Help!! - Eye itchiness & redness

Hello- I have never had allergies in my life until recently. Starting about a year ago, I get red, extremely itchy eyes on and off. I’ve been to the allergist who claims I am not allergic to anything and the eye doctor who claims it is most certainly an allergy. I have been on steroid and anti histimine eye drops and both help for a day or so but then im right back where I was. I’m absolutely desperate as it is really messing with my daily life. I will get itchiness, puffiness and redness in the middle of work and have to step outside for a few moments. Whatever it is, I believe it is an indoor allergen, as being outside makes it better. What could this be??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i think it is allergy and you need to consult an allergist and immunologist to find out the possible allergen for your cause and treat that accordingly.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Allergy, Eye Care
Quick Reply
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.