I'm 19 and went to my gp cos I felt a pop in my left knee then got An MRI done on it I've damaged my acl and I've developed arthritis under my knee cap.
What can I do to help my self with this issue
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2014
Thank you for asking

Age of 19 is too young to have arthritis. its just an inflammation secondary to the injury which will go away once the ligament repairs which at age of 19 should not be a problem.

Wait for 3 weeks and try conservative approach till then, after that get a surgery and it will be fine. Young adults are better to have surgery.

Seek an arthroscopic surgeon for further guidance.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.