I have been on the board for a few months, but wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pammila and I suffer multiple mental disorders.

Bipolar I - I have been taking Geodone for 3 years now.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Use to be a problem but not no more.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - I have a very mild case.

Borderline Personality - Again this is a problem I have had in the past.

Attention Deficit Disorder - I take Ritilan - just started.

I have suffered past child abuse, physical and sexual abuse. I have went through a lot of relationships, going through my second marriage now.

I have held 28 different jobs in my life, I usually would work 6 months then be off 6 months, I am now on disability and just work part time on a message board getting paid.

I could never keep a job, longest I stayed with one employer was 4 years. Most of them lasted just 6 months.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank NightStar for this post: cazzyb47 

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
Hello Pammila,

Noice to formally meet you. We're glad that you're here.

What was your favorite job so far?

Lee @ Admin

hi pammilia...
i wish you could overcome all your health problems
|

Experienced User
Hi, thankyou for the welcome,

My favorite job was 4 years with a credit bureau. I learned how to pull credit reports, I had to read the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I had to help sell various credit products to banks, landlords, dealerships and any other business that had a ligit right to access credit reports. I also helped people that where victims of ID Theft. From there I ventured onto the internet to various credit forums and learned credit repair, so I was able to use all of my gifts to help others.

I lost the job when my Bipolar got out of control, I was going through a depression for 6 months straight, when it was over I lost my job, home, marriage. And I was put on disability. It took 6 months to get the right mix of medication before that, I had not been on medication for 10 years.

Today my credit is shot, I am remarried, and renting again. I hope to get out from under the bad credit. My husband is in college and hope to get off of disability and start working again. He has Juvenal rumitoid arthritis. He is in college for animation and web design.

I don't know if or when I will come off of the disability. I currently work a part time job on a board making 50 to 100 per month. Plus I get a 780 for disability, got it up higher because of the past work I had did. Last time I was on SSI it only paid 540 a month. So them few years of work helped.

I use all of my money to pay the house bills, rent, power, water, cable and phone. I don't get no food stamps, I sure wish they could of helped me that, but at least I have a medical card, and I take Geodone and Ritilan for my Bipolar and ADHD.
|

replied January 9th, 2010
my friends family think i may have bp how do i or they explain to doctor well the mental health advisor ive to see
|

replied January 9th, 2010
Experienced User
Do you mean BP as in Bipolar Disorder, or Borderline Personality Disorder?

Bipolar is when you feel cycles between manic (giddy, happy, but easy to anger) and depression, unmotivated even suicidal. Some people cycle within minutes, hours, and days. Where others cycle over years.

Borderline Personality is when you are insecure with your relationship, fearing that a loved one might leave, and you might lash out at them between hatred and admiration. It is a real roller coaster. At worse you may even feel suicidal. But the feelings only last a day at most.

I hope you do seek help, get diagnosed. It is important to take care of yourself.

I am doing much better with my Bipolar problem, this year I changed my medication. Geodone made me feel like a zombie, and I developed TD (sorry can't spell it) but it is uncontrolled movements especially dealing with my mouth, moving my tong all of the time. But it can affects arms and legs too.

I started Lamictal and boy it is amazing. I feel happy for the first time in 5 years. I feel motivated, I am going back to school, I talk more with people, I sort of like myself. I am still paranoid but not as bad.

I took a WRAP class, which is a support group for people with Bipolar. I discovered that each person with Bipolar needs to make a list of things that make them happy that they can do for themselves every single day. And keep with the program. Like me, I make sure to take my meds, I make sure to get enough sleep, I listen to music every day, I relaz in the evening to watch tv and lay down. I just recently added singing every day to my list, but I lost my voice. HEHEHE LOL Well I can't sing until my voice heals.

I still need to find a class for Borderline Personality. But I am not in a rush, I am doing good with my current husband, he is so loving and supportive, I could not have found anyone better then him. He spoils me, I have never felt fear of him leaving me.

Well, please respond and let me know more about yourself and what you have been dealing with.

Thanks,

Pammila
|