Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Hello. . . am 17 years with A hard lump on my forehead

A hard lump on my forehead started appearng on my forehead....The lump s clearly vsble and ts really effectng my self esteem. . .What can do please help me
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Dorje,

Treatment depends upon what is causing the lump. It could be an extososis, which is an overgrowth of bone. Or it could be an epidermal inclusion cyst, which can feel very hard.

You first have to get a diagnosis, before you can determine the proper treatment. Since it is bothering you, you should see your physician for an evaluation.

Good luck.
|

replied November 28th, 2011
Hello, My age is 25.My problem is similar to this one i have a hard lump on my skull it is growing in between temporal and sphenoid bone above my left eyeborw i don't feel any pain my skin moves freely over the lump i fear that i might have any serious problem i even had a ct scan but the doctor said if it hurts you then only we can take action on it but it looks ugly on to my face and it is growing slowly please suggest me what shoud i do?

Thanks,
Rin
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
rini,

If you do not like the appearance of the mass, see a plastic surgeon. The plastic surgeon can probably remove it (as long as it is not attached to something vital). But, you will trade the lump for a scar. Most of the time, the scar can be kept to a minimum.

So, if it is really affecting your life, see a plastic surgeon.

Good luck.
|

replied December 19th, 2011
Hello Gaelic,

Can you tell me what causes the extra bone growth on the skull? and if i have a plastic surgery are there any chances of growing it again?
|
Quick Reply