Should we ever correct an instructor (e.g. Medical Doctor, Professor, Coach)?
Yes. Before they do more damage.
No. You will probably get a bad grade.
Yes. Only after you do your research!
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1
Hello, I am an Allied Health BS student at a local university. I have completed all of my anatomy and physiology courses and have a question that is related to heat stroke. I am now taking a Red Cross CPR course, for the 1 credit hour Smile, but my instructor was briefly talking about heat injuries and he had said, I believe, that as your muscles begin to cramp up you should mostly be worried about your diaphragm cramping up. This was unusual to me b/c I am also a medic in the Army National Guard and don't remember ANYTHING about the diaphragm in heat related injuries! I know that with dehydration and lack of potassium, over heating can be taxing on your heart. I just am confused as to what exactly the diaphragm has to do with it. I know that during a heat stroke it is common for one to faint and become unconscious, which I thought was mostly related to the over heating of the body but how does this connect with spasms of the diaphragm? glance
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Nberry
|
Users who thank Nberry for this post: adw1023 

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2008
Experienced User
Maybe you could have asked your instructor. Don't they take questions? If you're paying for the course then you should be able to ask questions and be sure of what you are learning. If it were me, I would have put my hand up and asked or phoned or e-mailed the instructor later and got the answers I needed so I wouldn't come out of the course confused.
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with Killbill.

If you're not comfortable asking in front of the class then wait until after class. I've never had a professor who was upset about a question being asked. Most professors actually encourage questions and it shows you are paying attention and really trying to learn-- plus most love to talk at least about the subject they are teaching otherwise they wouldn't be a teacher.

It certainly wouldn't affect your grade in a negative way.
|
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....