Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Heat Induced Hives/ Cholinergic Urticaria

Hey all this is my first time posting for the past year every time I get nervous, anxious, excited or any type of strong emotion I start to itch and have a stinging pain. In addition any attempts to be sexual with my girlfriend, walk, do any type of physical activity or excersise causes painful itching and hives all over my body. The areas affected are usually my back, chest, face, arms and buttocks region. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. There was a thread I saw awhile back where an individual described similar symptoms and was cured after 2 weeks of a regiment of doxepin and two other drugs. One of those drugs I believe was klonopin but I cant find this thread I fear it may have being deleted. I really need to find this thread I have searched and cant find it on the website. Other suggestions will be helpful also but I have tried antihistamines\ and creams only heavy doses of prednisone worked but due to side affects I stopped taking it.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 25th, 2014
That thread sounds interesting, I wish I could locate that as well. However, as far as other suggestions go, have you checked out the cholinergic urticaria thread that went back as far as 2005 i believe? It petered out in the last 2 years though. A shame, but nonetheless there is 28 pages of discussion. html
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i think itch and stinging discomfort after emotion needs to be evaluated. Use of antihistamines will help. Doxepin is short acting SSRI and is not the treatment and should be evaluated for the cause. Let your doctor have a look and decide your management accordingly.

Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.