Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Heart rhythm and lung problems?

User Profile
Hello,

I had a 24-hour tape (Holter monitor) a couple weeks ago because of my massive breathing problems. Am having them while being active AND when am lying down at night and they keep getting worse.
I got asthma, but my inhalers have always helped me pretty well so far, but they don't seem to do a lot against those complaints am having recently.
I also have an extremely irregular heartbeat which is either too fast (> 120 bpm when resting) with nausea or too slow (about 40ish beats) with dizziness.
In both cases I am very exhausted and breathing usually is very hard.
My pulse can go from racing to slow in a minute.
At night I more and more frequently wake up gasping for breath if I manage to sleep at all due to the breathing problems, in the mornings I feel dead.
Some nights I have to go for a pee quite a lot, but by far not every night.
Going for a short walk is unbelievably exhausting and I usually have to sit or lie down after.
They even appear when just resting, today even with dizziness.
I hope, the EKG can finally help me receiving treatment, but I'll have to wait a bit for the results still.
About me: I am 20, about 5.7 tall, 57 kg, played soccer and went jogging for years, am defo not an athlete, but neither am I unfit, I'd say about average.
I don't smoke (never have!), hardly ever drink alcohol and eat relatively healthy (hardly any fast food, I cook a lot).
I don't have any allergies, had quite a few of allergy tests in the past.
I know you're probably not doctors, but does somebody have a tip what that could be and/or what I could do in the meantime while am waiting on the results? (Got an appt. on Monday.)
It is really getting to a stage where I gets really really annoying, I almost have to sit in bed at night trying to get some sleep coz of the chest complaints..
Oh, and btw, two docs said I had a heart murmur during auscultating my chest..

Thank you very much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....