Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
I have a heart recorder hooked up to me right now and I'm concerned the leads are not properly attached. I looked up the manual for the monitor and the diagram showing where the leads should be attached is very different from how they are attached to me.

I will tell my doctor about this when I bring it back in tomorrow, but I would like to know how this kind of incorrect attachment can affect the test results.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2018
Yes incorrect attachment of leads can lead to false results. You need to consult the medical and technical staff that advise you on the proper attachment of these leads so that they can be put in the proper place for accurate readings.

|

replied November 15th, 2018
Is it possible that they attached them in a way that works but is just not the way that the manual says to attach them?

Would it be more helpful if a I posted a picture of my torso with the leads attached?
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.