Back in March I had a feeling of flutters in my chest.. I was scared out of my mind thinking I was going to have a heart attack.. Went to sleep and woke up, and felt my heart beating throughout my body.. It still happens, until this day.

I flew home the next day, got an EKG, 24 hr holter monitor, chest xray and Twave test done.. everything was good.

I've been suffering from a bounding pulse in my abdomen, wrist, forehead, top of my hand, ETC.. many times, when I'm sitting in a chair, my heart beat will rock me slightly back and forth. Now all of the sudden my finger nail beds are turning purple over the past couple weeks.

Last month I went to my doctor for an echo, he told me I have very mild Mitral Valve Regurg. and that it's nothing to worry about.

I'm fearing heart failure... But have heard that this can be stress related because of me focusing on my heart and thinking about it all the time.. Yet when I take a xanax, the bounding pulse is still there, and has been there since march.. Shouldn't that note some kind of cardiac failure?

I've also been experiencing chest pains, on and off.. Right under my left rib cage and sometimes in the middle of my chest that feels worse when i cough or take a deep breath.. the pain is localized tho, and is not crushing or very painful for that matter.. I'm just aware that it doesn't feel right... I'm only 21, and have no family history of heart disease.. but I did get sick back in february, for about a week, for the first time in years.. But echo's and all tests revealed no endocarditis and I have no fever or anything.. I've been tested for STD's and nothing. My hands go numb often.. as do my feet. Also all my veins seem to be more visible, although not protruding.. I can see blue under my skin everywhere.. places I've never seen veins before.

Anxiety and stress can't possibly be causing these symptoms.. And my doctor thinks I've had MVR my whole life.. but i've never had any of these symptoms.. I'm looking for any advice possible.

and what are the first signs and symptoms of heart failure.. and if not heart failure what could this possibly be????

Also if this an acute case caused by some virus or something, is there a way to heal it besides transplantation??

I've been under a lot of anxiety since february... Is there any way possible that all of my symptoms are caused by anxiety?? Or is this definately cardiac related??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2008
Community Volunteer
Are your cardiac problems still occurring? I realize it has been a while since you posted. It is hard to tell what the problem might be from a description. Have you gone back to the doctor? I can give you this website with lots of great information on heart failure, maybe it will be helpful to you: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/heartfa ilure.html

Were you able to get the possible anxiety checked out as well?
|

replied November 2nd, 2008
I've been to plenty of doctors.. most recently I went to a cardiologist.

He listened to my heart, told me he can't hear any MVR, and says my heart sounds great.. He also said there's no sounds in my lungs, and that my nails can't possibly be turning purple from lack of blood supply because my pulse is so strong. He also said my valves are normally formed (he looked at the echo pictures) so i've had no endocarditis or anything of the sort.

I'm still having the bounding pulse and palpitations (sensation of feeling my heartbeat).. He's convinced it's anxiety and may seem to believe that I'm depressed as well.. Every test that i've ever had done has come back completely normal.

I've had SEVERAL blood tests done.. everything comes back normal every time.

I've stopped working out completely and have been eating like crap.. I've gained 20 pounds since august.. I'm only 22, and was compulsively working out before this. I've played football since I was 13 and have recently stopped because of all of this..

I still believe doctors are missing something.. I have frequent headaches, limbs constantly falling asleep, i get tired at weird times of the day, and my hair and skin seems to be extremely dry all the time... My body temperature is 97.3 constantly, when prior it was always 98.7.. I've had my thyroid checked plenty of times, everybody says it's good. IDK if I should see an endocronologist for it just to be safe.

IDK what to do- My cardiologist is a damn good one too... My GP diagnosed me with the MVR when he saw the echo- my Cardiologist says it's not present and/or not significant enough for him to hear/see.. and even so it doesn't cause a bounding pulse..

I think i've had every blood test in the book done- nothing has come back abnormal.
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
Well, hopefully all of the normal test results will put your mind to rest a bit. Have you tried any treatments for anxiety/depression since the physical symptoms seem to not indicate any problems?
|

replied August 25th, 2009
visible neck pulse and chest pains (anxiety???)
hey dmack how are now? I too have been dealing with all of the same issues (chest pains, arm pains, back pains, shortness in breath) and even have the bounding pulse. A pulse so bounding you can see it in my neck on my left carotid artery. Later this week I am to have a stress test and holter monitor put on. Ive had every blood test done, an echo, thyroid check, and even 2 ekgs and they all came back fine. The doctor even listen to my left and right carotid arteries and there is no sound of a bruit.
|

replied August 10th, 2010
Mvr and anxiety
Dmack: Read the below web page re BEATING ANXIETY AND PHOBIAS, it's advices have helped me a lot to control my anxieties symptoms, along with taking 250 mg of magnesium pills twice a day. I too have felt my hr pulse at night when I'm laying in bed and keeping hydrated has helped me not feel that feeling as much, anymore. You should try it. Also try to do so yoga or breathing meditations to aid you with the anxiety symtomps. Hope it helps Smile

|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...