User Profile
I did an echo for my 15month baby and found out she has a 1cm atrial defect i havent got her report yet so i havent been able to speak to a gp regarding that.i would like to know what this means and severe is it and what can we do to fix it

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2019
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A64775
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Atrial septal defects that are smaller than 1.5:1
left to right shunt doesnot require treatment. I would suggest you to consult paediatric Cardiologist.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.