User Profile
How would i know if what i am having is Non Sustained Ventricular Tachycardia?

I suffer PACs daily, around 40/50 on any given day, and rarely a single PVC. I can say this with confidence due to having 2 x 72 hour holter monitors 2 years apart with similar results. I did have a couplet of PACs on both of them, and actually, i dont recall feeling a single ectopic beat during both the tests.

Well as ive said, sometimes i have what feels like a double beat, but it will last around 5/6 seconds instead of just a single 'jolt' like i usually feel. It doesn't cause me to collapse or anything like that but it does make me feel the kneed to cough, or hit my chest to attempt to restore a steady rhythm. This event happens ever so rarely, and is completely unpredictable! Once it happened at 10am, and earlier in the week it happened at 9pm at night while walking to the ATM.

Does this sound like NSVT? or would this match maybe SVT or atrial flutter?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2018
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A64676
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. VT lasting less than 30 seconds is called NSVT. It could be asymptomatic or just palpitations, With history of coronary heart disease, NSVT possibility can not be ruled out unless holten rules it out. Let your cardiologist decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.