User Profile
I’m a little over three months since my ablation, and I’ve realized the weirdest thing has started happening. Anytime that I get up from the laying position, my blood pressure sky rockets and goes back to normal when laying down. I’ve had chest pinch type pains and a lot of pressure on my left side on my chest. I’ve gone to the ER twice thinking it’s a heart attack symptom and they’ve said everything is normal. It’s very frustrating not knowing what it could be. I have an appointment with my electrocardiologist that performed my ablation to discuss a possible reason. I’ve realized when I lay on my stomach and put pressure on my chest area, I can sometimes move in a certain way where what almost feels like air escaping over the heart is released and I get a “disinflation” type feeling and my blood pressure resumes normal numbers. It’s only until the next time that I feel that pressure come back that my blood pressure goes back up again only in the upright position.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2018
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A64555
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your problem seems to be due to anxiety.
I would suggest you anxiolytic.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.