Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Heart/Chest Palpitations Caused by Anxiety or something else?

I was having chest palpitations, twinges of quick pain frequently for the last week and a half. It stopped tonight, and my lower right leg near the shin on the side started to cramp/spasm with pain, it comes and goes. Happened periodically tonight. Now, I don't feel that now at the moment, either. How come the pain/discomfort trade places like that? I mean I felt that chest twinge frequently every day for a little over a week, and it finally stops this evening. and right after that, my right leg cramps/spasms for most of the night? What the heck!? lol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2015
Experienced User
A muscle spasm usually can be contributed to dehydration, low potassium and low magnesium. As for the twinges in your chest, I get them sometimes too. I don't know if it is anxiety or not. I had tests run by a heart doctor and they came back fine. They used to really bother me, but now I hardly notice.
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Its likely anxiety. Take some anxiolytics. Seek help of a psychotherapist for some sessions. Remove stressors from your life and hope for the best. Let your psychiatrist decide what is best for you.

Take care
|
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.