My mother has had 2 heart attacks. The first one was in September of 2003 when she was 38. She was administrator of a small private school and it was high stress. I was in 7th grade. She went to the hospital and had it checked on and had 2 stents put in. They worked. She became a yoga teacher, eats right, walks a 16 minute mile every morning and afternoon, just does all the right things, knows all the right answers. Flash forward. I am now in 11th grade and my mother has a job as a librarian at our church. My dad and I love her very much. She started having pains last wednesday in her left arm and shoulder so she went to our friend who is a massuse (*sp!). When she got done she felt nausous, which she never does after a massage. It progressivly got worse and she went to the hospital Sat. night. She had another heart attack but she got it fixed by the dr ballooning it. She has very small arterys and this one occured on the back of her heart whereas the first occured on the right front.

Does anyone know of this? any suggestions? What can help her when she is doing everything right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2008
wondering still
has anyone heard of FMD? Could it possibly be that?
|

replied May 9th, 2008
prinzmetal
I have what sounds similar to this. I'm 56 and just had my second attack (first one 8 years ago). the arteries in my heart are the size of veins and apparently they spasm. when this happens, it causes a heart attack. I'm now on various meds including nitro. It was diagnosed by angiogram.
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....