Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

heart attack symptoms relieved by shoulder massage

early this morning i awoke to symptoms of a heart attack. I am 48 years old and a smoker so this is a possibility. However when my neck and shoulders were rubbed the synmptoms went away. What could this be? Can a heart attack symptoms be relieved this way? Still feeling heavy in the chest but not real heavy or painful more like my chest has been strained
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2009
Supporter
Be aure to still go to the doctor..You could have had a spasm or could actually still be in the throes of possible attack..

It could also be a number of different htings..When my gallbaldder becasme a problem I hurt so bad I tought i was having an attack I even took Bayer asparin as this is highly recommended..Turned out that the pain was the gallbaldder..The second attack was much worse and I ended up being admitted to the hsoptial for 24 hr. antibiotics and then surgeyr..

If you are uncomfortables go to the ER..Safe than sorry.k
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....